Alvord Lodge No. 512, A. F. & A. M.
113 N. Wickham Street, Alvord
Prominent founding member R. W. Johnson led efforts to organize Audubon Masonic Lodge No. 512 in the village of Audubon (7 miles northeast) in 1879. The lodge moved to Alvord in 1886 where members built a second floor onto a schoolhouse to use as a lodge hall. The name was officially changed to Alvord Lodge in 1890, and in 1991 a new 2-story stone lodge hall was erected at this site. The Masons met on the second floor and a local bank rented the first floor until 1984. The lodge continues a tradition of public outreach to the Alvord community