Home Projects At The Museum History Of The Museum Wise County Historical Society Wise County Historical Commission Current Exhibits Upcoming Events County Historical Sites Gift Store Membership and Support Frequently Asked Questions Related Links Contact Us Photo Gallery
Near Site of Anneville School
CR 4371, SW of Decatur
From Decatur, take FM 730 about 6 miles south, turn west onto CR 4371, and continue about 1 mile to cemetery.

     Located on 3-acres donated in 1883 by E. M. Curtner, N. E. Young, P. H. and N. C. Neal for a cemetery, school, and church. First school (a 2-story building) was 30 yards west of cemetery. First church was about 300 yards south of the cemetery. About 1913 a new school was erected on original school site. In 1930 the school district consolidated with Boyd District. The structure was then used as a church until it burned, 1959. Anneville, one-mile south, had 2 stores, a post office, gin, gristmill, and other businesses. It was probably named in honor of Mrs. Annie Davis, early settler.