FM 2123, South of Cottondale, Paradise
From Bridgeport, take FM 2123 south about 13.6 miles to Cottondale; marker is located at community center.
Area's oldest settlement. Platted by landowner B. F. Banks, who also gave lots for public use named, 1875, for lush growth of cotton planted by John Bridges, blacksmith, to finance a trip to Alabama to bring back his bride. Paradise took over town's post office, (1912); school (1933).