Jacksboro & Buffalo St., Chico
Jacksboro Street (near Buffalo Street, on public square), Chico
Alexander Virgil Hanna (1860-1921) erected this native sandstone structure to house his drugstore in 1893. He provided office space in this building for a doctor, lawyer, jeweler, and the first telephone switchboard in Chico. Hanna sold the business in 1920 to Rueben R. Robinson (1872-1955), whose daughter and son-in-law, LaBeth and William Marston Mead (d. 1968) continued to operate the store after his death. It was purchased in 1973 by Bobby and Frances Richey.