United Methodist Church of Rhome
West 1st Street and Dogwood, Rhome
Organized in the 1880s under the direction of the Reverend F. V. Evans, this church held early services in the Prairie Point Schoolhouse, under brush arbors and in a tent. The first building was completed in 1903 from funds raised by the congregation. It was located on land conveyed by Colonel Benjamin Morris and his wife Roxana, donors of the Rhome townsite. In 1940 the congregation moved to a remodeled building that had been the chapel of an early Cumberland Presbyterian Church. Since the 1880s, members of the United Methodist Church have led in Rhome's development.