Mount Zion Baptist Church and Jonestown Cemetery
CR 1280, South of Alvord
From Alvord, take US 81/287 south about 5 miles to CR 1280; continue on CR 1280 about 1 mile to church and cemetery.
In 1833 early settler Andrew Jackson Jones deeded four acres of land to be used for a church and cemetery. The earliest marked grave in the cemetery dates from that year. After the first church building burned in 1893, the members of Mount Zion Baptist Church met in the nearby Jones School until 1909 when they erected a one-room church building. In 1950 the lumber from the 1909 structure was used to construct the present building. The membership has supported mission work since 1902, and annual brush arbor meetings are traditional.