Olive Branch Cemetery
CR 1771, North of Chico
From Chico, take SH 101 about 3.5 miles north, turn west onto CR 1667 about 1 mile, turn onto CR 1661 about 1 mile, turn south onto CR 1771; drive south on CR 1771, turn right over cattle guard and continue on unpaved road to cemetery.
The first burial at this site occurred in the early 1870s. Area settlers H. H. Bradford, B. P. Cox, J. C. Cartwright, and J. C. Weaver, donated the property for the interment of a young girl who had died on a wagon train. The earliest marked grave is that of Maria B. Smith (1805-1875). During the 1890s, a sanctuary was built north of the burial ground for a Methodist Episcopal Church. As declining soil conditions caused families to move from the area, the congregation became inactive. The chapel was removed by 1914, but the Olive Branch Cemetery remains in use.