Pleasant Grove No. 2 Cemetery, School and Church
FM 2048, Pleasant Grove
From Boyd, take FM 730 south to FM 2048, take FM 2048 west about 1 mile to Pleasant Grove; marker is next to cemetery and church.
This community is one of three in Wise County named Pleasant Grove. The earliest marked graves in the cemetery date from the late 1870s. A community school was started here in 1879 and a frame schoolhouse was built north of the burial ground on 1.5 acres deeded by H. T. Boyd. The building was also used for church services and community functions. The school consolidated with Boyd (3 miles north) in 1929. Church services have been held at this site since 1879. The cemetery is still used, but the schoolhouse was replaced by a rock church building in 1942.