Named for John Teague, a veteran of the War with Mexico (1846-48), who came from Missouri with his family in 1858 and settled this land. Teague also served on the frontier during the Civil War. Teague’s mother, or a son, was possibly the first burial here. The earliest gravestone is that of the Rev. Jacob Moffett, who was killed by Indians on Sept. 5, 1865. The cemetery contains about 30 graves, of which only 12 have inscribed tombstones. In 1885, Teague moved to Foard County, and the cemetery was no longer used, as other burial plots were opened in the area.