For over 100 years beginning in 1882 this cemetery has been the sole graveyard serving the community of Keeter. The oldest recorded gravesite in the cemetery is that of Ida Mae Ryan (1881-1882). Albert Lafayette Keeter, for whom the community of Keeter was named, donated this property for use as a cemetery in 1891. While Keeter’s daughter, Leonah, is thought to be buried here, he left this area and is believed to buried in Hardeman County. At least three veterans of the American Civil War and two veterans of World War II are buried here.