From Bridgeport, take FM 2123 south about 7 miles south, turn east onto Brown Meadows Road, turn south onto CR 3555, and continue about 1 mile to marker, on east side of highway.
Settled in the early 1880s, the rural community of Draco was originally called Tylewater. The name was changed when a U.S. Post Office was granted in 1883, with W. J. Mann as first postmaster. The community soon boasted two churches, a school, general store, blacksmith shop, public well, gin, and horse racing track. After the post office was discontinued in 1889, the community began to decline. The school remained open until 1933, when it was consolidated with the Paradise school system. The last remaining building in Draco was moved in 1937.